Office: Bromfield-Pearson Building, Room 111
Group theory: combinatorial and geometric. Group theoretic versions of the constructions of homotopy theory.
Crossing matrices and Thurston's canonical form for braids
- (with J. Burillo, S. Krstic and Z. Nitecki), Topology and applications, to appear.
Normal forms for basis-conjugating automorphisms of a free group
- (with S. Krstic), Int. Jour. Algebra and Comp., vol. 8, No. 6 (1998), pp. 631-669
Comultiplications on free groups and wedges of circles
- (with M. Arkowitz) Trans. AMS 350 (1998), pp. 1663-1680
Comultiplications on monoids
- (with M. Arkowitz) Internat. J. Math. & Math. Sci. 20 (1997), pp. 803-812
Coactions on groups
- (with M. Arkowitz) Proc. Royal Soc. Edin. (to appear)
Equalizers and coactions of groups
- (with M. Arkowitz) submitted
Two complexes with fundamental group a semidirect product of cyclics
- (with P. Latiolais and R. Beyl), submitted