Spring 2007, Issue 7
With limited submission funding opportunities, the sponsor has capped the number of applications an institution may submit. To ensure that Tufts does not exceed the allotted number of applications, and that applications are submitted with the best chance for success, the Office of the Vice Provost has developed an internal application process.
Limited Submissions Announcements
- The OVP sends emails about new limited submission opportunities to department managers and chairs, who forward the emails to faculty. Researchers can also subscribe to this e-list individually by contacting Jennifer Mitchell at (617) 636-6550. Please keep in mind, however, that this may result in your receiving two emails, one direct and one forwarded by your department.
- Researchers applying for a limited submission funding opportunity will be selected through an internal review. Each limited submission email announcement will contain information about how to submit an application for internal consideration, the due date for the internal application, and the due date for the external (full) application.
Internal Application Requirements
- Letter of support from department chair
- 2–5 page project summary
- Curriculum vitae for principal investigator
- Total project budget estimate, if appropriate
Internal Selection Process
- All internal applications received by the due date will be reviewed by a panel of Tufts senior faculty who will rank them according to the sponsor’s criteria.
- Selected candidates will be notified by email and asked to confirm their intention to submit a full application. Once the selected candidates have confirmed, the other candidates will be notified that their internal applications were not selected.
For more information on limited submissions, please contact Philip Kosch, DVM, PhD, special assistant to the provost, at Philip.Kosch@Tufts.edu or (617) 636-3804.