About University Advancement
Welcome to the Advancement Division
The Tufts University Advancement Division is dedicated to supporting the mission of Tufts by strengthening relationships that inspire loyalty and support for Tufts. Advancement is fully in service to the academic agenda of the university and works in close collaboration with the President, Provost, and Deans and academic leadership to ensure that the university’s teaching and research missions receive the support of alumni, parents, friends, and organizations.
Having recently completed a $1.2 billion campaign—Beyond Boundaries: The Campaign for Tufts—Advancement will continue to develop connections with alumni, parents, friends, and organizations that further excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship.
The division is strongly committed to developing best practices among its peers, and to measuring its effectiveness over time. Since the division was created in 2002, it has earned the respect of professional peers, as evidenced by many CASE awards at both the national and regional level. The division encompasses about 175 staff members, many of whom have risen to mentorship and leadership roles in the Advancement profession.
The division is organized into five units:
- Advancement Services: The operational arm charged with overseeing infrastructure and administration. Encompasses information systems management, data security, gift processing and recording, technology training and support, human resources administration, facilities and space management, budget and finance, and organizational planning.
- Alumni Relations: Develops, executes, and coordinates activities that forge strong bonds and that promote the active involvement of alumni in the life of the university. Relevant programs and services aim to bring value to the lives of alumni and cultivate a meaningful, lifelong connection to Tufts.
- Communications, Donor Relations, and Special Events: Develops strategies to recognize and increase engagement with and philanthropic support for Tufts. Builds and nurtures the university's relationship with its alumni and donors via a thoughtful mix of special events, print media, electronic communications, and gift recognition initiatives, acknowledgements, and ongoing stewardship.
- Central Development Programs: Operations that work with and support all schools. Specialized teams are: Corporate and Foundation Relations; Gift Planning; Prospect Management and Annual Giving Strategies, and Prospect Research.
- Development/fundraising: Identifies and coordinates solicitation of individuals interested in financially supporting the university and maximizes resources to support academic and capital priorities.
For more information contact:
University Advancement at 617-627-3200 or email@example.com.