- The effects of protein source on bone mineral density.
- The effect of fatty acid intakes on cognitive decline in older adults.
- Determine the relative validity of the Southern food frequency questionnaire developed at the HNRCA against other methods of assessing dietary intake and nutrient biomarkers.
- The relationship between whole grain consumption and body weight.
- Identify the existence of interactions between dietary fat intake and variation in selected lipid regulating genes on bone mineral density.
- The relationship between perceived stress, accumulated physiologic stress and obesity and diabetes among Puerto Rican older adults.
- The association between vitamin and fatty acid intake and status and cognition and brain morphology in home bound elders.
- The relationship between dietary intake patterns and glucose control in an aging population.
Assess bone status in MA Puerto Ricans and identify risk factors for low bone mineral density.