Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging - Tufts University
- To elucidate the role of the kinase, TPL2, in promoting diet and genetic obesity metabolic defects and inflammation.
- To determine the role of adipocyte death in promoting adipose tissue inflammation and insulin resistance in animal models of diet-induced obesity.
- To elucidate the mechanisms and actions of ovarian hormones to regulate systemic energy metabolism and insulin resistance as model for understanding the impact of menopause.
- To elucidate the regulation and role of lipid droplet proteins in modulating adipose and liver metabolism in the lean and obese state.
- To define the role of acyl-CoA synthetase 4 and 5 in modulating fatty acid metabolism and its role in obesity and metabolic complications.
- To elucidate the role and metabolic profile of adipocytes form different adipose tissue depots in response to various nutrients.
- To determine the role of sex differences in modulating adipose tissue metabolism and metabolic disorders.
- To determine the role of bisphenol A in regulating obesity and adipose tissue metabolism.
- To determine how estrogen alters energy metabolism and adipose tissue inflammation in menopausal women.