At Tufts, learning opportunities certainly aren't limited to enrolled students. Whether you are a professional looking to stay current in your field, an alum interested in traveling the world or a community member wanting to explore the university in your backyard, Tufts has a program for you.
Adult Learners, Alumni & Community Members
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- This program for mature adults gives alumni and community members an opportunity to return to the classroom with on-campus study groups and online courses.
- Resumed Education for Adult Learners
- Non-traditional students seeking bachelor's degrees can benefit from this program, which is specifically tailored for adult learners.
- Tufts Summer Session
- Distinctive, affordable, convenient and fun. A summer course at Tufts may be just right for you at your stage of life.
- Tufts OpenCourseWare is part of a new educational movement that provides free access to course content for everyone online.
- Tufts in Annecy
- Based in France, this program is open to adult learners who have completed one year of university-level studies.
- Tufts Travel-Learn
- Looking for a vacation with both substance and style? Let the Tufts University Alumni Association's Travel-Learn program lead the way.
- Music Programs
- Classes are offered in piano, voice and chamber music. The Boston Village Gamelan is also in residence: rehearsals are open to the public and new participants are welcome.
High School and Middle School Students
- Adventures in Veterinary Medicine
- Thinking about becoming a veterinarian? This program helps high school, middle school and college students and adults decide if a career in veterinary medicine is right for them.
- Teachers and High School Student Program
- This program, founded in 1989, aims to expose interested high school students of varied backgrounds to health care and related professions and provide support in their academic and personal development.
- Tufts Summer Study
- Start college early in Tufts summer pre-college programs for motivated high school juniors and seniors.
- Tufts Summit in Talloires, France
- High school students learn about the world, spending a month taking classes at the Tufts European Center in Talloires, France.
- Community Music Program
- Saturday music classes for teenagers.
- Children's Theater
Tufts Children's Theater encompasses Magic Circle Theater, Creative Arts/Jackson Troupe in the summer, and Tufts Scene Study and Collins Players during the school year.
Creative Arts/Jackson Troupe
Creative Arts/Jackson Troupe is a summer program that introduces younger children to the basic principles of visual and performing arts. Creative Arts is for children currently in grades 2 & 3; Jackson Troupe is a more challenging experience geared for the older children currently in grades 4 & 5.
Magic Circle Theater
Magic Circle Theater is New England's oldest theater by and for children, in session daily from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. for six weeks in the summer.
- Creative Arts/Jackson Troupe
- Community Music Program
- Saturday music classes for children.
- Center for Engineering Education and Outreach
- Programs, such as "Robotics and Art for Girls," are designed to give kids the chance to participate in individual and small-team design projects while fostering an understanding of the design process and related principles. Children use LEGO bricks and accompanying software as they design, build and program their robotic creations.