You must have a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
You must be a Tufts sophomore, junior or senior during the 2005-2006 academic year and a U.S. citizen or permanent
You must submit your application following the instructions described below.
You and your mentor must agree to the expectations outlined below.
Applicants must submit 2 copies of the application to Professor Chris Rogers by the end of March. Summer projects will, we
hope, be extensions of the course projects done in the spring.
The completed application will contain the following:
1. Completed Application Form.
2. College transcript. An unofficial copy printed from SIS online is acceptable. Transfer students should include their transcript from their former institution.
3. A description of your course project (not more than 500 words). Please include the following components:
- A description of the project and your spring semester results
- How you plan to extend the project over the summer
- Where you will work on the project
- Other project team members
4. A personal statement (not more than 500 words). This essay should address your
interest in exploring the connections between engineering and biomedical science and
your plans for the future. If you have had previous research experience, please describe
Letter of Recommendation
Applicants must submit one letter of recommendation. This letter should be from a current Tufts faculty member who is
familiar with your work.
This letter must be submitted with the application to Professor Chris Rogers, School of Engineering, Anderson 023.