• SEVIS Home
• How Does SEVIS Work?
• Data Collection
• Status Information
• How We Can Help
• Failure to Comply
• Preparing for SEVIS
• SEVIS Benefits
• Other Resources
• Medford International Center
• Tufts Home
• Fletcher School International Office
• Boston International Affairs
What should students or research scholars do to prepare for SEVIS?
- Read any email updates from the various International Offices at Tufts. Changes in
immigration or visa procedures sometimes happen quickly. Information is posted as soon as
we have reliable facts. Also, continue to monitor this page as well as the International Center
website at http://ase.tufts.edu/icenter, the Boston International Affairs Office website at
Office of International Affairs, and the Fletcher School website at http://fletcher.tufts.edu/intlstudents.
- Understand the immigration regulations and learn how to maintain lawful status in the U.S.,
and refer any questions or problems immediately to an International Student Advisor in your
respective international office on the Medford or Boston campus.
- Be proactive. Students should plan their course schedules carefully so that they maintain full-
time enrollment. Make travel arrangements early, and anticipate delays at consulates and
border crossings. Keep all documents up-to-dateŚchanges in degree level, extensions, and
travel validations must be done in a timely manner and on SEVIS documents. Allow time for
processing new forms.
- Feel free to contact the international office for your school for assistance.
Tufts University, Student Student and Exchange Visitor Information System.
Copyright © 2003, Tufts University