Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Clinical Sciences
Director, Shelter Medicine Program
Assistant Director, Center for Animals & Public Policy
MS - Animals & Public Policy - 2002
DVM - Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine - 2000
BS - Claremont McKenna College - 1995
ACVA - 2006
House Officer Training
Rotating Small Animal Internship - Angell Memorial Hospital
Residency - Anesthesiology 2003-2006
- Pain and stress assessment
- Clinical pharmacology of opioids
- Novel uses of local anesthetics
- Pain management
- Shelter policy
- Companion animal management policy
- Opioid pharmacokinetics
- Stress and pain management
- Subjective scoring systems
- Cook, A. and McCobb, E. Quantifying the shelter rabbit population: An analysis of Massachusetts and Rhode Island animal shelters. Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science (in press for October 2012).
- Markovich, J., Ross, L. and McCobb E. The prevalence of leptospiral antibodies in free-roaming cats in Worcester Massachusetts. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 2012 (early view published online March 6, 2012).
- Benetato, M., Reisman, R. and McCobb, E. The veterinarian’s role in animal cruelty cases. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2011, 238:31-34.
- Abelson, AL, McCobb, E, Wetmore, LA, Karas, AZ, Armitage Chan, E, Shaw, SP, Blaze, CA. “Use of a wound soaker catheter for the administration of local anesthetic for post-operative analgesia: 56 cases.” Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia 2009, 36:597-602.
- Sanchez-Migallon Guzman D., Mayer J., Melidone R., McCarthy RJ., McCobb E., Kavirayani A., Rush JE. “Pacemaker implantation in a ferret (Mustela putorius furo) with third-degree atrioventricular block.” Veterinary Clinics of North America. Exotic Animal Practice. 2006, 9(3):677-87.